Sincephetelo Motor Vehicle Accidents Fund is a government parastatal with the
mandate to compensate, treat and rehabilitate victims of motor vehicle accidents
or injuries. Applications are invited for the position of Chief Nurse at
Sincephetelo Motor Vehicle Accidents Fund (SMVA Fund).
Reporting to the Medical Officer as part of a team to provide a high standard of
care to all our patients, the key performance areas of the incumbent will be as
1. Provides direct care to assigned patients.
2. Takes the nursing history, summarizes data, and states nursing diagnoses/ patient care needs.
3. Observes and records signs, symptoms, and behaviours, including the physiological status of patients; presents the assessment of changes, the proposed revision of interventions, and desired outcomes.
4. Performs admission, discharge and transfer procedures, and assists others with patient’s activities and care.
5. Executes physician’s orders for all assigned patients; safely and properly administers medications and treatments.
6. Notifies appropriate nursing and medical staff to changes in the patient’s status.
7. Performs or assists in training of others to perform proper aseptic techniques, isolation procedures, and infection control measures.
8. Documents nursing care in all assigned patient records.
9. Demonstrates ability to assess patient’s understanding of and compliance with instructions and health care teaching.
10. Reviews documentation of instructions, teaching topics, and patient response with the Medical Officer.
11. Participates in the development of the specialist nursing service in Radiology, EEG and Physiotherapy.
12. Participates in departmental Clinical Governance and audit and responsible for maintaining the patients nursing records.
A reward commensurate with the job will be made to the ideal candidate.
Applications with comprehensive curriculum vitae and references should be
submitted to the following address:
Human Resources Manager, Sincephetelo MVA Fund, P.O. Box 4239, Mbabane.
Closing date: 6th October 2017. If you do not receive a response in 4 weeks
from close of advert, consider your application unsuccessful.