Sincephetelo Motor Vehicle Accidents Fund is a government parastatal with the mandate to compensate, treat and rehabilitate victims of motor vehicle accidents or injuries. Applications are invited for the position of Claims Officer (2) at Sincephetelo Motor Vehicle Accidents Fund (SMVA Fund).
Reporting to the Senior Claims Officer the incumbent will be contribute to achievement of the strategic goals of the department and consequently those of the entire organization.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Ensure claims are assessed and evaluated and that all documentation has
2. Liaise with Customer Services to clarify and carry out preliminary review of
the claim to determine initial assessment of liability and estimate potential
compensation for budgetary purposes and review documentation relating
to claim to identify possible inconsistencies and anomalies for further
3. Review medical evidence and investigation statements to determine
whether injuries are consistent with the type of accident.
4. Make recommendation for the settlement of claims and negotiates with the
claimant or his/her attorney.
5. Assist in the budgetary process and interim budget variance reporting.
6. Make recommendation to management for repudiation of claims where
the Fund has no liability.
7. Assist the Senior Claims Officer with day to day operational management of
third party claim functions.
9. Carry out merit assessments for approval by management.
The incumbent must have worked as a Claims Officer for at least 3 years and should display the right attitude to work, i.e. good work ethic. He/She must be sociable but firm in taking decisions. A degree in law (LLB) is a prerequisite. The candidate must display professionalism, integrity and team work as integral values of the organization.
A reward commensurate with the job will be made to the ideal candidate.
Applications with comprehensive curriculum vitae and references should be submitted to the following address:
Human Resources Manager, Sincephetelo MVA Fund, P.O. Box 4239, Mbabane.
Closing date: 6th December 2018. If you do not receive a response in 4 weeks from close of advert, consider your application unsuccessful.